PhD Program Outcomes
Online PhD students can expect a variety of beneficial program outcomes.
Build critical knowledge as it relates to nursing theory, healthcare issues, nursing education and obtaining research funding:
- Explore scientific philosophies and ethical theories as they pertain to the nursing profession.
- Analyze the concepts of evidence-based research on policy and politics that impact population health outcomes.
- Consider specific issues in science and ethics as they relate to nursing education.
- Learn about the current state of scientific research and major funding trends in nursing and healthcare.
Advance your research skills in qualitative and quantitative analysis while expanding on study design:
- Learn the seven steps of the research process, focusing on the development of researchable problems, literature review, and hypothesis generation.
- Develop the skills to write quantitative research questions and how to select appropriate research methodologies.
- Explore ways to apply qualitative inquiry as an approach to knowledge discovery.
- Understand principles of measurement, instrument design and data collection methods.
Develop a comprehensive dissertation with the support of a dedicated chairperson:
- Receive early engagement with a chairperson, providing structured guidance from start to finish, including dissertation research.
- Formulate a dissertation that answers a pertinent research question and contributes to the body of knowledge in nursing.
- Develop a literature review and mode of inquiry for your dissertation as you prepare to defend your proposal.
- Implement your study through data collection and analyze the results in preparation for your dissertation defense.