National Nurses Week has been a time of celebration and recognition for decades. From May 6 to May 12, we pause to honor the invaluable contributions of nurses like you—because you make a difference. While it’s impossible to thank nurses enough for their compassion and care, many retailers and restaurants offer Nurses Week deals and discounts as a token of appreciation.
From free milkshakes to deeply discounted scrubs, we’ve compiled a list of nurse discounts available from May 6 to May 12, 2023. However, some nursing deals are available all year long! Learn more about the top Nurses Week perks for dedicated healthcare providers below.
Using Your Perks
Before National Nurses Week begins, be sure you have access to a valid photo ID from your healthcare employer. Locations you visit in person, like coffee shops and restaurants, typically require a valid photo ID from your employer to prove your eligibility for their Nurses Week discounts.
Online retailers often require you to upload your ID to a third-party service to prove your eligibility. ID.me, SheerID and VerifyPass are third-party websites that will ask you a few questions and allow you to store a digital version of your ID. These sites keep your information secure so retailers can verify you without storing your personal information on their servers.
You should also note that the exact details of promotions like these are subject to change without warning. Sometimes, retailers won’t even release the exact details of their Nurses Week freebies until right when a promotion begins. We combed the internet to find the best deals and discounts based on what has been offered in years past. We also recommend checking with your colleagues or local franchises to see if even more nursing week deals and discounts are available.
Food & Drink
These free and discounted food items will make for a well-stocked breakroom during National Nurses Week.
- Participating Cinnabon locations offer nurses free Minibons or Classic Cinnamon Rolls during National Nurses Week. Just show your ID and see what they have on offer.
- Mrs. Fields Cookies offers a special Heroes Collection of cookie tins that are typically on sale for nurses during Nurse Appreciation Week.
- Dunkin’ Donuts typically provides a free medium iced or hot coffee to nurses who showed their ID on May 6, National Nurses Day.
- Johnny Rockets offers free milkshakes to nurses with valid IDs during National Nurses Week.
- Chipotle often offers free burritos to nurses to celebrate Nurses Week, but details have varied each year. Check out the Chipotle website for this year’s promotion.
- Potbelly Sandwiches allows nurses to buy one sandwich and get one free during National Nurses Week.
Fashion & Accessories
Durable shoes and comfortable scrubs are daily essentials for any nurse, so you can use this week to add to your closet at a deeply discounted price. Athleisure, sportswear, and casual wear brands offer their clothes at a discount for nurses. Most apparel discounts are available throughout the year, so bookmark this page!
- Adidas: 30% off online purchases
- All Seasons Uniforms: deeply discounted scrubs and uniforms
- ASICS: 40% off of one purchase
- AT&T and Verizon offer discounted cellular service plans
- Boden: 20% discount for online orders
- Crocs: 15% off all full-priced styles
- DiscountGlasses.com: 30% discount
- Glasses.com: 50% off lenses and free shipping
- L.L. Bean: 10% off your order
- Levi’s: 15% discount
- Lulumon: 15% off online and in-store purchases
- Madewell: 15% discount
- New Balance: 25% discount
- Reebok: 50% off through their website
- Rothy’s: 20% discount on a single pair of shoes
- Under Armour: 40% off online purchases
- Uniform Advantage: 30% discount on scrubs and uniforms
- Vineyard Vines: 15% discount
Self-Care, Fitness & Makeup
National Nurses Week is a great time to think about self-care and to stock up on beauty essentials with special deals just for you.
- E.L.F. Cosmetics: 25% off of your purchase over $30
- Huffy Bikes: 25% off all year
- Josie Maran: 10% discount on skincare products
- Peloton: exclusive discount on the fitness app subscription
- Tula Skincare: 25% discount for online orders
- Yeti: 20% off their products
Travel & Sporting Events
Between May 6 and May 12, the hottest ticket in town belongs to nurses like you. Be sure to check your local area for more special events to thank healthcare workers, but here are some highlights.
- The Pittsburgh Pirates will take on the Colorado Rockies at home for three Healthcare Appreciation Nights. In addition to special pre-game activities, nurses will get discounted merchandise and concessions as well as a Pirates ID badge holder.
- The Philadelphia Phillies will host Nurses Night on May 9. Attendees who purchase a special event ticket will receive a $1 hot dog and a commemorative scrub top.
- Wyndham Hotels is upgrading nurses to GOLD Rewards status, which provides perks like late checkout and preferred room choice.
- Hyatt Hotels: qualified nurses access a special rate with the offer code THANKYOU
- Marriott Hotels: 15% off rates at participating resorts in the U.S., Caribbean and Mexico
- Hotwire: 10% off Hot Rate Hotel and Car deals
- Sixt Rental Cars: 5% discount on prepaid car rentals booked online
- BP Gas: save up to 15¢ on every gallon for 60 days
Thank You, Nurses
National Nurses Week deals and freebies are a great reminder of the vital role of nurses in our healthcare system. “You Make a Difference” isn’t just a catchy theme—it’s true. On behalf of Wilkes University, we sincerely thank all nurses and your loved ones for your continued service, dedication, and perseverance.
Your time is valuable, especially when you’re caring for patients. To help you balance your family, career and other commitments, Wilkes offers six online nursing programs to advance your career. Whether you’re a full-time nurse or dreaming of becoming one, Wilkes is here to support you.
Learn more about our online nursing programs:
What to read next?
- Is a Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) Right for You?
- How Family Nurse Practitioners Can Help Battle COVID-19 Through Patient Education?
- Considering a Career as an Adult-Gerontology Nurse Practitioner in Primary Care?
- What Does a Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner Do?
- Get Your ABSN and Become a Nurse in Just One Year
- Top 8 Benefits of an RN to MSN Online Program
- The Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) Degree: 7 Common FAQs Answered