If you’re ready for a career change, your bachelor’s degree in any field can be the foundation of a new and rewarding role in nursing. The online Accelerated Bachelor of Science in Nursing (ABSN) degree program at Wilkes University's Passan School of Nursing is exclusively designed for students from non-nursing fields. It leverages the core curriculum of your non-nursing degree and values the skills you bring from your real-world work experience.
- Didactic coursework is 100% online.
- 1 on-campus residency to hone your clinical skills; 1 online residency.
- Clinical rotations provide practice with real patients.
Our online ABSN is a full-time program that needs your full-time attention. It’s designed to be fast-paced to earn your BSN in just 12 months — that’s why we’re here to support you from start to finish, so you can focus on your education.
- Full-time: 12 months/7 courses
- 48 credit hours
- Didactic coursework is 100% online
- 1 on-campus residency, 1 online residency
- 3 start dates per year
- Clinical placement support included
- Uniquely designed for career changers with a non-nursing bachelor’s
- CCNE accredited
- Dedicated student success team
- Bachelor's degree with 3.0 GPA
- Statement of professional goals
- 2 letters of recommendation
- Only 6 prerequisite courses to start*
- Available to residents in: Indiana, Kansas, Pennsylvania & Vermont
These admission standards represent the minimum eligibility requirements for the program. Admission committee members reserve the right to request additional information from candidates for a more in-depth review of qualifications.
Clinical Placement and Student Support
Clinical Placement Support
In addition to your coursework, you’ll need experience with real patients to practice what you’ve learned in the online classroom. This practical experience, called clinicals, is a requisite component of a nursing degree.
Your clinical experience offers rotations in various specialties, teaching you how to apply nursing concepts in diverse health care settings. Wilkes handles this for you — at no extra charge — because we want you to succeed.
For our ABSN program, Wilkes policy prohibits students from reaching out directly to secure placement; our placement team handles this for you. We assign a clinical placement group to secure a clinical site with a preceptor or clinical group.* By taking on the logistics of this task, we free up your time to focus on your education.
*Your placement site may be up to 125 miles from your location and may include weekend hours.
Wilkes understands the need for student support — online ABSN programs are fast-paced and rigorous. A dedicated Enrollment Advisor is by your side to ensure you have what you need to apply for the program and helps you navigate the application process. Once enrolled, we assign a Student Success team to work with you to ensure you have access to the resources you need along the way. Your Student Success team is your guide from orientation through graduation.