We do the heavy lifting for you. For more information on the nursing clinicals placement process, visit our Clinical Placement Services page, access your free program guide, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also call us directly at 888-413-5633 or schedule a time to speak with us.
Accelerated Bachelor of Science in Nursing
Your time and experience are valuable, which is why Wilkes University offers one of the fastest online Accelerated Bachelor of Science in Nursing (ABSN). In just 12 months, get the support and clinical experience you need to change your career—and change lives—as a registered nurse (RN).
The Wilkes online ABSN is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) and has:
- 48 credit hours / 7 courses
- 2 residencies (1 on-campus & 1 online)
- 3 start dates per year
- A 12-month duration
Please note: the minimum requirements are outlined below. Admissions may request additional information for a more in-depth review.
- Bachelor's degree with 3.0 GPA
- Statement of professional goals
- 2 letters of recommendation
- 6 prerequisite courses (see “Prerequisites” tab for details)
- Available to residents in Indiana, Kansas, Pennsylvania & Vermont
View state authorizations to confirm if this program is available in your area.
Our Accelerated BSN program is designed to build on your bachelor’s degree in any field.
While prior nursing experience isn't mandatory, we do require six prerequisite courses before you can enroll. This will ensure that you are prepared for the accelerated and intense nature of the program.
If you have not completed all of the prerequisite courses below, an admissions counselor will guide you through the process and timeline. Click here to schedule an appointment.
- BIO 113 — Microbiology with Lab
- BIO 115 — Human Anatomy & Physiology I with Lab
- BIO 116 — Human Anatomy & Physiology II with Lab
- CHM 111 — Chemistry with Lab
- MTH 150 — Elementary Statistics
- NSG 200 — Principles of Normal Nutrition
Upon graduation, you will be fully prepared to join the nursing profession—this includes taking the National Council Licensure Examination (NCLEX-RN) exam and becoming a licensed registered nurse (RN).
The online ABSN curriculum builds your confidence and skills to:
- Understand nursing from theoretical, ethical, scientific and historical perspectives.
- Provide evidence-based care for culturally diverse, rural and underserved communities.
- Develop critical thinking and clinical nursing judgment through applied learning.
- Lead and effectively collaborate with other healthcare professionals in various settings.
Clinical Placement and Student Support
Clinical Placement Support
In addition to your coursework, you’ll need experience with real patients to practice what you’ve learned in the online classroom. This practical experience, called clinicals, is a requisite component of a nursing degree.
Your clinical experience offers rotations in various specialties, teaching you how to apply nursing concepts in diverse health care settings. Wilkes handles this for you — at no extra charge — because we want you to succeed.
For our ABSN program, Wilkes policy prohibits students from reaching out directly to secure placement; our placement team handles this for you. We assign a clinical placement group to secure a clinical site with a preceptor or clinical group.* By taking on the logistics of this task, we free up your time to focus on your education.
*Your placement site may be up to 125 miles from your location and may include weekend hours.
Wilkes understands the need for student support — online ABSN programs are fast-paced and rigorous. A dedicated Enrollment Counselor is by your side to ensure you have what you need to apply for the program and helps you navigate the application process. Once enrolled, we assign a Student Success team to work with you to ensure you have access to the resources you need along the way. Your Student Success team is your guide from orientation through graduation.
* The baccalaureate degree in nursing/master's degree in nursing/ Doctor of Nursing Practice and post-graduate/APRN certificate programs at Wilkes University are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (www.ccneaccreditation.org)