Your time and experience are valuable, which is why Wilkes University offers one of the fastest online Accelerated Bachelor of Science in Nursing (ABSN) programs in Pennsylvania. In just 12 months, get the support and clinical experience you need to change your career—and change lives—as a registered nurse (RN).
The Wilkes online ABSN is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) and has:
- 48 credit hours / 7 courses
- 2 residencies (1 on-campus & 1 online)
- 3 start dates per year
- A 12-month duration
Please note: the minimum requirements are outlined below. Admissions may request additional information for a more in-depth review.
- Bachelor's degree with 3.0 GPA
- Statement of professional goals
- 2 letters of recommendation
- 6 prerequisite courses (see “Prerequisites” tab for details)
- Available to residents in Indiana, Pennsylvania & Vermont*
*View state authorizations to confirm if this program is available in your area.
Our Accelerated BSN program is designed to build on your bachelor’s degree in any field.
While prior nursing experience isn't mandatory, we do require six prerequisite courses before you can enroll. This will ensure that you are prepared for the accelerated and intense nature of the program.
If you have not completed all of the prerequisite courses below, an admissions counselor will guide you through the process and timeline. Click here to schedule an appointment.
- BIO 113 — Microbiology with Lab
- BIO 115 — Human Anatomy & Physiology I with Lab
- BIO 116 — Human Anatomy & Physiology II with Lab
- CHM 111 — Chemistry with Lab
- MTH 150 — Elementary Statistics
- NSG 200 — Principles of Normal Nutrition
Upon graduation, you will be fully prepared to join the nursing profession—this includes taking the National Council Licensure Examination (NCLEX-RN) exam and becoming a licensed registered nurse (RN).
The online ABSN curriculum builds your confidence and skills to:
- Understand nursing from theoretical, ethical, scientific and historical perspectives.
- Provide evidence-based care for culturally diverse, rural and underserved communities.
- Develop critical thinking and clinical nursing judgment through applied learning.
- Lead and effectively collaborate with other healthcare professionals in various settings.
Connected. Supportive. Quality.
Wilkes is a small non-profit university in Pennsylvania that gives you big opportunities, and that’s just as true of our virtual campus. Dedicated counselors and faculty support you from enrollment through graduation, giving you the confidence you need to change your career.
For more than 40 years, the Passan School of Nursing has been recognized and respected in the local community—and across the country. Past Wilkes nurses have found success at leading healthcare providers, including:
- Lehigh Valley Health Network
- St. Luke’s Health Network